Floral Japan (1937)

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Floral Japan (1937)

Post by IG Team » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Haruo

I was on Youtube the other day, and I came across an interesting video. In 1937, there was a travelogue type video that was shot on Japan. Ostensibly, it is about Japanese gardens and stuff, there is a short segment that details the traditional Japanese hairstyle and dress. It is a little abbreviated (according to the video, it takes about three hours to get it done), but until I saw this video, I had never seen a woman's hairstyle put together. The part on kimono is short, and if you wear yourself or have seen it before, it's nothing surprising. But still, it is an interesting video.
:) :) :)

http://youtu.be/pelbbA2KXdg

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Re: Floral Japan (1937)

Post by IG Team » Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:29 pm

Fuyou

I saw the footage for the woman getting her hair done and dressed in another video once, but it was in black and white and there was no sound. It was so nostalgic to see it again, and in color :smil3:.

The person who posted that video has some other cool videos about old Japan, this one is focused on maiko and geiko from the 1920s. I had never actually seen in person or in video someone perform both the ko-tsuzumi and o-tsuzumi at the same time until I saw this. The maiko look so young...