ID: Abstract Autumn

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

ID: Abstract Autumn

Post by IG Team » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:36 am

Reily96

So I've got my eyes on this pink obi, but I've yet to determine if it will actually work with the kimono I have in mind. Mostly because the design is baffling me! The listing says it's "grass" and I can believe that, however that makes me question it's seasonality. It's certainly not green grass, but it doesn't look to be a brown grass. Maybe it's dry grass? I don't know, it may not even be grass at all. I'm very confused here. :? Anybody have any ideas?

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Re: ID: Abstract Autumn

Post by IG Team » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:37 am

Keiha

It almost looks like a close-up of a feather?

I think it's just an abstract design. You could wear it with an autumn outfit and it will be reminiscent of grass, like you say, but it can easily go with anything else and compliment a coordination with its color and texture rather than motif.

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Post by IG Team » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:38 am

Reily96

Honestly, it looks like a feather to me too. ^^;

Abstract is probably right, as I've never really seen a grass motif like this in particular. >.> But that's good to hear; the kimono I'm looking to pair this with is actually a winter/spring kimono, but it's a somewhat deep blue, and I think the color and the texture would look really nice with it, seasonality be damned. Thank you! ^^

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Post by IG Team » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:38 am

aethyreal

Since the fabric doesn't look particularly light or airy, I'd say it's safe to say no green grass since that's mostly summer. I'd agree with Keiha that autumn is a good guess or just saying it's abstract also should work :)

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Post by IG Team » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:40 am

Gikuyu

Definitely an autumn as grasses turn brownish :) I'd love to see you wearing it :lovelove

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Post by IG Team » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:41 am

Reily96

Again, thanks everyone! X3 this clears up a lot. The more I look at it the more I definitely think autumn, even if I don't see the grass (it just looks like a really long feather to me XD ), even so I think I'm gonna fudge the guidelines here and mix up my seasons for the particular kimono I want to wear this with. ^^