Help needed- Turning a female Kimono into male

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Help needed- Turning a female Kimono into male

Post by IG Team » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:56 am

Miharu_Shiah

I know this was likely asked before but I need some help.

I'm turning a female kimono into a male kimono for my boyfriend (hes Japanese and my height) my question is-

I know i have to modify the sleeve's but I have a male Juban and i noticed the front is a little different so for the kimono do i have to change the front at all or only the sleeves and length? (lucky the kimono was already short lol)

this is the Kimono i want to make mens. oddly then removing the seam for the sleeves it was marked on the inside and already ties off thread wise for male arms o.o i think it could originally been mens

ImageImage

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Re: Help needed- Turning a female Kimono into male

Post by IG Team » Sat Mar 11, 2017 5:57 am

Hikari

Juban sometimes differ from kimono in that they sometimes lack the okumi panel that kimono have. To change a women's kimono into a men's, simply sew the back of the sleeve shut, sew all or most of it to the body (depending on its length and to account for the obi), and if it isn't already, you can sew the collar to half width along its entire length. You can do the second step by having him try it on, putting on a kaku obi, the then seeing if any of the sleeve should be left unattached to the body to accommodate for the obi.