WELCOME BACK!

Immortal Geisha
Founder (Admin)
Founder (Admin)

WELCOME BACK!

Post by Immortal Geisha » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Hi Everyone!

Guess what? WE'RE BAAAAAAAACK! :maiko_sock_puppet:

After a 2+ year hiatus and experiment with social media, we all realized we missed certain aspect of the forums. It's been nearly a good year in the making to get us back up and running, with a few minor and not so minor hiccups along the way. But we managed to make it! And boy, are we excited!

There are a number of things we need to address with the launch of the forums - so please, old and new members alike, read through this welcome post, along with ensuring you read through anything we state is mandatory reading. And then once you're done -- get to it and post away!

Admin Activated Membership
As previously on the forums, and like on the Facebook Group, membership is open to everyone. However each membership application needs to be activated by an admin. This is not a pick and choose membership, we just employ this method to help with combating spammers. So please be patient if your account hasn't been activated as an Admin will get to it as soon as they can. If after 48 hours your account still hasn't been activated, please contact us by replying to the account creation email you would have received.

Soft Launch
If we waited to launch until we were completely done -- we'd probably be waiting until the next millennia. As a result, we've decided to soft launch, even though we still have dust to clean up and topics to transfer over from the old forums. With that said - please pardon our dust and be patient with us as the Moderating Team and Clean Up Crew work slowly behind the scenes to finish up.

The biggest "mess" you are going to notice is that the bulk of the threads are by the IG Team account -- with all replies also by the IG Team account. Since we couldn't transfer the data via the database due to security issues, we cut/pasted. Older members - you'll notice we made note of who made the post. PLEASE DO NOT CONTACT US, REPORT OR COMMENT IN THE THREAD that a particular post is yours. After the initial launch of the forums and membership applications have settled down starting in about a month from now, we plan on scheduling a few days with all Mods on hand to work with you in doing a mass Poster Name Change, which will allow older members to let us know which posts are theirs, and then we'll go in and switch it over.

You may also occasionally find things like ##Insert Link Here## or ##Articles to be added## or even locked topics and forums. Please don't worry about these. They are on our to-do list.

Additionally, we reserve the right to make any edits, changes or complete deletion of rules / content / sections if we see it is required. We will always make an administrator announcement if any changes occur

Rules Rules Rules Etiquette and Rules - Mandatory Reading
Please click here to view the rules.
Yes, we know, they are a bit of a bore -- but they help keep things running smoothly. This time round, we've done things a little bit differently so even if you were a member of the forums previously, you must read through the rules. We've created a main FAQ thread of sorts for the rules, which links off into individual sections.

We've removed a few obsolete rules, and we've had to add in new rules regarding serious infractions. We've also added a few extra subjects to the prohibited topics list. We also have new rules and guidelines with regard to posting and sharing photographs on the forums.

The biggest change, however, is that we are switching over to an unofficial warning / official warning system. It is still a "three strikes" warning system for official warnings, however, we know that in most cases a simple "heads up" usually resolves a situation.

Additionally - we've added how the moderating process works along with explaining infractions and possible moderator actions.

New to using PHPBB or need a refresher?
If you are new to the forums or need a refresher on how to use the forums, please visit this very handy FAQ that covers the basic functionality. This FAQ can be accessed at any time through the quick links menu at the top right of the forums.
Please click here to view the PHPBB FAQ.

New Sub-Forums
You'll notice that not only have we rearranged the original forums and their sub forums, but that we've added a whole bunch of new ones. In some forums we are still working out rules/guidelines text so they may be locked. In other forums, the name is pretty self explanatory. If there is no rules/guideline post in there, please keep your eyes out for one in the near future.

Clean Up Crew
In the interest of disclosure, there are a handful of original forum members and some Facebook members who have helped out with the transition from the old to new forum. These members have certain moderating abilities in order to allow them to transfer and clean up content. You may see them in action from time to time when a new thread is created, but then is switched over to the IG Team account. These members are not official moderators and should not be contacted in the case of a problem.

Fun Threads!

Here are a few fun threads and sections to start everyone off with!

Old and new members alike please feel free to introduce yourself here:
viewforum.php?f=46

Tell us about your avatar:
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=623

Guess what?!?! We now have a place for off-topic talk again!
viewforum.php?f=45

Do you play Pokémon GO! So do we!
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=631&p=3873#p3873

While we've decided not to allow external memes......we challenge you to make some:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=627

:love: :angerburst: :puke: :popcorn: :samurai_05: :rank_heian: :eyeroll: :countmaikula: :gah: :pipewrench: :dingo: :poodle: :question:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=630

If there's one thing we're all good at doing is being a support group ----- or an enabler's group? Anyhow, the Kimono Anonymous thread is lonely without pictures, help fill it up!
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=41

siren
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Re: WELCOME BACK!

Post by siren » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:52 am

time to reopen my fickr account for posting photos XD welcome back all

Kimino
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Kimino » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:12 am

It's nice to be back :sword: :sword: :sword:

Immortal Geisha
Founder (Admin)
Founder (Admin)

Post by Immortal Geisha » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:26 am

siren wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:52 am
You can also link directly from Facebook photos -- so if it's a photo you have posted on Facebook - no need to upload it to Flickr! Just grab the image URL and voila!

Kimino wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:12 am
It's nice to be back :sword: :sword: :sword:
It sure is! :love:

Kimino
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Kimino » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:28 am

By the way, I love that unicorn. :eyeroll:

Gikuyu
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Gikuyu » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:08 am

Immortal Geisha wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:26 am
siren wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:52 am
You can also link directly from Facebook photos -- so if it's a photo you have posted on Facebook - no need to upload it to Flickr! Just grab the image URL and voila!
That will make things so much easier than putting them on Photobucket or Imageshack!

My old Flickr used to be connected to my FB as I didn't want to create a new emailaddress that I wouldn't use :/

siren
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by siren » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:28 am

My facebook was always quit locked down for photos during the reign of the old forum, for people to see anything of mine i had to loosen up since then so now i can ^^

Immortal Geisha
Founder (Admin)
Founder (Admin)

Post by Immortal Geisha » Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:21 pm

You can actually just share the URL of the image and it doesn't identify your FB page -- you can do this even with images in albums that are viewable to you only. An example of the FB image address:

https://scontent.fsnc1-5.fna.fbcdn.net/ ... e=5957D361

Code: Select all

[image]https://scontent.fsnc1-5.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/526282_10150696484019475_1475959214_n.jpg?oh=6b16e37c09a4e2412b71e4dccac02f6d&oe=5957D361[/image]
That's the direct url to my FB photo that I obtained from right clicking and copying image address :)

Fujichan
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Fujichan » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:47 am

I'm so happy we're back! :') I've missed you guys. I know you're on Facebook but I'm never logged in so I just deleted everyone (I felt guilty about not being there to comment.) Facebook doesn't work well in my phone and the comp is in storage. How are you all?

Gikuyu
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Gikuyu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:36 am

Immortal Geisha Thanks! I tried it outand it worked perfectly, pictures are a bit big though but you're saying that they will be made smaller which I kinda agree with.
They weren't so huge in IG1.0 right?

Pinku_Taanipu
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Pinku_Taanipu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:32 am

Yeah!!!!! :blonde: :ibusan: :kitti: :bunny: :love:

P.S. but where's my signature? Can't see it! :sad:

Quat
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Quat » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:03 pm

HEEEEEEY :love:

Gikuyu
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Gikuyu » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 pm

Pinku_Taanipu wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:32 am

It should be editable in the settings, it took me a few tries too.

Immortal Geisha
Founder (Admin)
Founder (Admin)

Post by Immortal Geisha » Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:48 pm

Oops! I forgot to mention that for the time being, we've disabled signatures.

It's a different forum layout, look and feel (even for the Mod Team who has been working on it for quite some time) so we have decided just for the moment to disable signatures from displaying in posts while we get restarted.

You should still be able to add a signature that will display in your profile when people visit it, and should we decide to enable it for the posts in the future, will automatically display once we change settings.

Moriko
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Moriko » Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:18 pm

AAAAAAAAAAAAAA :sword: Time to dig up my long-lost obsessions.

AubergineFleur
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by AubergineFleur » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:45 am

:superhappy:
So wonderful IG Forums is back up.
Thank you Naomi and everyone who put so much work into it to make it possible!

ume_bloom
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by ume_bloom » Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:03 am

Moriko wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 6:18 pm
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA :sword: Time to dig up my long-lost obsessions.
Amen to that :daijojokichi: :daijojokichi: :daijojokichi:

Pinku_Taanipu
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Pinku_Taanipu » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:01 am

Gikuyu wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:38 pm
Pinku_Taanipu wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:32 am

It should be editable in the settings, it took me a few tries too.
Well that's what I did, but still don't see my signature gosh! :cry:

ainokimono
Senpai Shrimp (Admin)
Senpai Shrimp (Admin)

Post by ainokimono » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:22 am

Pinku_Taanipu As Immortal Geisha said in her post above, your signature is only visible in your profile. If you click your username, you will see your signature at the bottom of your profile. Signatures on the boards have been disabled indefinitely, until we have taken care of more urgent matters regarding the re-opening of the forums.

Kikyou
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Re: WELCOME Godzilla!

Post by Kikyou » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:59 pm

I'm relieved we're all back here, I missed this place sooo much... Even if I haven't been very active before it got closed, I've been reading it all nights. And the classic smilies are back too :love:

Fabricmagpie
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Fabricmagpie » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:11 pm

Thank you for the hard work so far and the immense amount I imagine is to come!
The site looks FANTASTIC.

IsamiKondon
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by IsamiKondon » Mon May 01, 2017 9:16 pm

I would like to thanks the administrators for the email,invinting me to come back.To be honest,I had forgotten about these boards(I registered to learn about the geisha world but in front of the mess my live unfortunally has been,I had to "ignore" and even "forget" it).
Many thanks and I hope I have time to visist it more often and go on with my,how can I say, geisha education.
:wink_samurai:

Satsuki
Shikomi-san
Shikomi-san

Post by Satsuki » Fri May 12, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm excited to be back! I was on here years ago under a different username (so long ago I can't remember what it was lol.) Thank you for bringing this wonderful resource (and all of the adorable original smilies :smile: ) back