Oiran in the J drama "Jin"

IG Team
Administration Team
Administration Team

Oiran in the J drama "Jin"

Post by IG Team » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:15 pm

ShizukaHime:

I thought this topic was more suited here than anywhere else, please move if you feel necessary :)

I did a quick search but i dont think anyone else has mentioned this drama yet.

Just finished watching it today, it was so good! its set in the present but then time slips back to the Edo era for the rest of the series. I dont want to give too much away about the plot, so ill just put in a synopsis
The story follows a brain surgeon named, Minakata Jin, who has spent the last two years in anguish, as his fiancee lies in a vegetative state after an operation he performed. One day, he faints at the hospital and awakens to find himself transported back in time to the Edo period. He is soon attacked by a samurai, but he escapes with the help of a man named Kyotaro. Kyotaro suffers a serious injury to the head while trying to protect him, but Jin manages to save his life despite a lack of proper medical equipment. Because of that, Kyotaro's sister Saki begins taking an interest in Jin and becomes his assistant. Meanwhile, Jin is determined to find a way back to the present
quite a bit of the story is set in yoshiwara, as he befriends an Oiran, and treats alot of patients there. So its good to watch for setting, as well as costumes. Its not as lavish as Sakuran, and I was surprised at how nice the Oiran were to each other in the series :lol: Apart from that you get to see how kimono was worn during that time, with the clothes of samurai, daimyo, Oiran, ordinary streetpeople, a kabuki actor and firefighters. It seemed relatively historically accurate to me too.

Anyway I really think if you are curious to check it out, I highly recommend it.

link to the dramawiki website http://wiki.d-addicts.com/JIN